Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Welcome back!

Vacation is officially over... though it was fun while it lasted! The day I was supposed to leave to go home DC got a blizzard with two feet of snow. My flight was supposed to leave that morning around 10:00 am. I received a phone call from Southwest at 6:00 in the morning informing me that my flight was canceled and when I tried calling back, the wait time to talk to a representative was over 2 hours! I think the issue was that it was a few days before Christmas and everyone traveling to the East Coast had their flights canceled. Boston was expecting the same blizzard the next day and I was worried that Logan would be closed or that I would be on standby waiting for a plane for days after Christmas. So I took Amtrack home two days later, and my train was delayed... but I did finally make it home! My theme song of that weekend was "I'll be home for Christmas."

This was the first break from school that I didn't work. While it was nice having a whole month off to do nothing but socialize and relax, it also got really boring. The first two weeks were blissful. But after two weeks I didn't know what to do with myself. Being bored is overrated. I did some really fun things though-- hung out a lot with old friends, went to the Baltimore Aquarium, went to a fancy jazz brunch in an old art deco hotel in DC, spent time in Annapolis swooning over Naval Academy Midshipmen, and all the other usual Maryland stuff... I had a wonderful vacation!

Now I'm back and trying very hard to be productive but finding it very difficult to do so. A month of vacation + growing senioritis = me only having two more semesters left until graduation. Look I can do math! And at that statement, it is obvious that it has been a long day and I'm tired, so I will blog you later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment